Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Continual Love of Letters and Chocolate

After a hint of t-shirt weather, we are back to rain and wind. I won't be too grumpy since these showers supposedly bring May flowers...and it gives me an excuse to cozy up with a book and a mug of steaming hot cocoa. Preferably in one of these:

I ordered a variety of the A to Zs in hopes that I will always have an appropriate letter for any guest who may join me. We don't want any hurt feelings in this household.

In my good hot-cocoa-protected-from-the-rain-reading mood, I attempted to make homemade marshmallows. Here are the fabulous results:





Yep. Not so fab. In fact, messy and gooey and unformed and all over the kitchen. I will find sticky stuff for years in all the wrong places. Had I had Rice Krispies on hand, I could have made some treats but alas, the marsh went directly into the trash. Maybe next time when I have the proper tools and patience.

Once it finally warms for good, I know I can still get my hot chocolate fix with some Frozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity.

The food was below par, but I must say that their famous sippable dessert was pretty darn tasty. My partner in crime, Rosemary, commented on how it got "really brown at the bottom...in a good way!".

I'm heading to Minnesota in the morning, where it might not warm until mid-July. I suppose I will have many opportunities for hot beverages there. For now, I will hide behind ginormous menus...

No comments :

Post a Comment