Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hurry, It's Lovely Up Here

There are rumors that NYC might reach 70 degrees this Friday. Game on!

I've already ventured out every day that wasn't below freezing to preview what promises to be a delicious Spring...

One of the best scents in the world - fresh cut grass.

My wandering begins.

A hill (yes, a hill in Manhattan!) soon to be filled with dogs, couples, friends, and families.

Field trip for the kiddies. They were all eating deli egg & cheese on a roll sandwiches. Quick - catch the runaway wrapper!

The GW Bridge holds court over the Hudson River while the rock border illustrates that everything in NYC has a little sparkle.

Welcome, buddies. We've been waiting for you.

Never knew this existed. I'll be back.

Here, kitty, kitty.

If you squint, you can see Evil Knievil squirrel.

Shhhhhh.

Of course, I want to bring all of that springy goodness into my home. I fully acknowledge my addiction to bright and happy flowers.

I've been awaiting the arrival of a jasmine plant I ordered months back. Delivery!
Isn't Miss Otis cute? I name my plants. It's a girl!

And then there is my coffee plant, Java the Hutt:
When I purchased him he was the size of Miss Otis. Now he is truly Java the Hutt, taking up a good portion of my living room.

What I am really excited about is it produced coffee berries this year. 
Is it time for my own roast? It would need a fitting name. Taking suggestions...

No comments :

Post a Comment