Friday, May 14, 2010

Opening the Windows

A few things on my radar as May leads to June:

Metallic Nail Polish. Glam and oh so sparkly in the hot sun. Ginger & Liz have some outstanding metallics, as well as a rainbow of other eco-friendly hues.

Rosé Wine. Supposedly it is making a comeback. No longer only a spirit for sissies or Valentine's Day, there are some surprisingly mature choices perfect for sharing with friends al fresco.

Basil Soap. With the fresh air coming through the windows, I actually am inspired to clean. I love this basil scent from Mrs. Meyer's. Hard to explain the earthy yet fruity scent but it is original and fresh.

Tunic Dresses. Pair with leggings or skinny jeans if out and about, or just some strappy sandals if lounging for the day. I love the feather detailing below.

Homemade Marshmallows. I have been spotting these everywhere from high end grocery stores to Brooklyn coffee shops. Glad they are so readily available since attempting to make them at 3505 would result in white fluff stuck on the ceiling. The best thing about these chalky chunks? No hot chocolate needed.

Luke's Lobster. A lobster roll instantly brings me back to the days of docks, sea, sun, May, June, July, and August. After a terrific experience at Mary's Fish Camp, we are planning to compare another NYC attempt at this Maine staple.

Time to get started on this list!

4 comments :

  1. The Lobster Roll looks great, hope I get to try one. Never had homemade marshmallows, but saw them made on the Food Channel by Elton Brown. Looks good.

    I will skip the nail polish and the tunic dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Peter, I happen to love that tunic dress!

    And I've made homemade marshmallows before - super easy! Check out Ina's recipe on foodtv.com : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, well then I will add them to the list of things I want to make soon. After that coconut cake, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lobster roll does look delicious, but I'm afraid it's like the photos of Whoppers and Big Macs that show sandwiches so huge no one could get their mouth around one. Rose wine was something my mother drank (before she started on the bourbon) and I tried it but never thought there was much there...still a pepped up version, chilled, could be refreshing. I've been wearing the metallic nail polish for some time but only in certain parts of town!

    ReplyDelete