Monday, October 7, 2013

My Favorite Time of Year and Wish List

It hasn't exactly been sweater weather yet (hello, tornado warning today?), but I am in full force fall mode like it's my job. I love it. LOVE it. The aromas, the color palettes, the outings, the attitudes, and especially...the pumpkins. 
Gotta love the pumpkins.


Some things I would like to take advantage of:
  • Crock pot cooking.  Pinterest, I'm coming for you...
  • Friendly. There are so many good peeps in NYC right now. Definitely want to find the time to visit with each one and catch up a little bit on life.
  • NYC. What is it about you? So many big and little NYC sights, events, and restaurants that I've wanted to try, or try again. Time to check some off the list. I can also combine the above bullet with this one and do something very-NYC-like with a friend. Two birds*!
  • Brew with Lu. Continue to homebrew. Blog about the dozens of breweries I've toured.
  • Wheels. I had a lot of good rides this summer, but the season isn't over yet. Get the bike out.
  • Pen to paper. (Or fingers to keys). More blogging, more journaling, and finally recording all of those crazy NYC stories that I've gathered over the last decade. 
  • Woof. Quality time with the little furry guy. He deserves it.
  • Travel Tales. Plan a few great journeys. Then show and tell. I have a lot of tricks of the trade that need to be shared and utilized by others.
  • Nostalgia. I would love to revisit some favorite childhood reads - Little House, Anne, etc.
  • Apples, Hay, and S'mores. Go apple picking, partake in a hay ride, and sit around a bonfire.
  • Pumpkin. Carve one. Cook with it. Make a face mask. Light a candle. All pumpkin, all the time.
  • Good things. Cinnamon, apple, cheese, and caramel are not far behind the pumpkin train.
  • My place. Host a game night, dinner party, beer tasting, or all of the above!
  • Burn, baby, burn. I made huge progress this summer with strength training. I want to find a way to make it a habit, even in these busy months.
  • Movies. I haven't been to a movie in forever. Date night?
  • DoReMi. In better voice than ever. More singing! Encore!

What is on your wish list for fall? Are you as obsessed with pumpkins as I am? Am I missing any major items? I want it f(all).

*No birds were harmed in the writing of this blog post.

No comments :

Post a Comment