Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Cozy Night In

I have to come clean - I'm loving this colder weather. Mostly because my pre-war apartment becomes a sweat lodge from late May through September, and is only somewhat less sticky during the spring and fall, leaving the winter season as the only time period where I can utilize baths, blankets, baking, and other b words that have to do with warmth.

So on particularly blustery days, I rush home, blinking snowflakes from my eyelashes, and ready myself for an evening home filled with relaxing coziness.

First order - bath.
"Calgon, take me away!"

Well, maybe not exactly like that. But there will definitely be bubbles. Luxurious bubbles. And sometimes, those bubbles will be made with a honey dipper.
Laura Mercier Creme Brûlée Honey Bath - Nordstrom

This little frosty will add extra nourishing oils and seasonal spice to your bath water as he melts away.
For the proper pampering ambience, light a comforting candle. I don't have a real live Christmas tree this year, but I do have a NEST Holiday candle which blends pine, cloves, and orange aromas. Plus, no need to vacuum up pine needles!

NEST Holiday Votive Candle

Post-bath your skin is ready to drink up this king of lotions:

Next step: Loungewear. Time to dress like you have nowhere to be for a very, very long time.

These PJs are as soft as they are affordable.
A high quality bath robe is basically like giving yourself a big hug.
Now that we are all wrapped up, let's unwind with a soothing hot beverage. Perhaps a cup of tea or chai?

This tea smells like sugar cookie dough and I can't think of anything wrong about that.



I've successfully made THIS chai tea recipe, but if you don't have the time (or star anise) to conjure up your own brew, I've heard good things about Trader Joe's Spicy Chai Tea Latte Mix.

Then pour it into your most cherished mug.

The bigger the better in this instance, since you aren't going to want to un-nestle yourself from your cozy cocoon on the couch to steep a refill.

Now sip.

Do you have the warm fuzzies yet? If so, now is the perfect time to peruse your Netflix queue. Gilmore Girls, anyone? Or check out the latest additions to see if a nostalgic favorite has made the list this month. Troop Beverly Hills, here I come.



No comments :

Post a Comment