Sunday, January 1, 2012

Worth Its Weight

The world gets a little more shiny this time of year. I'm not complaining. Let's keep the sparkles, shimmer, glitter, and gleam going past the ball drop in whatever way we can.

If you see someone in gold shoes, follow them. Where there are gold shoes, there is a party.

MICHAEL by Michael Kors Josie Pumps - Nordstrom

Votives can be such simple mood enhancers.  These are sleek and mature, feeling oh so luxurious.
Kin Votives - Design Within Reach

Easy on the eyes. Glide on the 14k look.
Glide-on Eye Pencil - Urban Decay

There are a lot of gold skirts on the market right now. It seems ridiculous in a way, but they can actually be played down for day wear.

I would like to switch out my flatware now and then. Mix it up. Gold seems a good choice for the winter months. Recently, I ordered the below set thinking I got a faboo deal at $40 for the entire package. What I didn't realize was that it contained only one of each utensil. Back they went, all five of them!
5 Piece Gold Cutlery Set - Canvas Home

Butter is one of my new favorite brands of nontoxic nail polishes. Little known LuRuSo fact: the Spanish word for butter is also one of my favorite Spanish words. I also happen to like butter.

I can't mention gold without mentioning jewelry. I like this Madewell charm for its...well, charm. Skeleton keys have always held a whimsical place in my heart along with owls, dachshunds, and buttons.
Antique Key Memento Charm - Madewell

Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere snapped this shot of the Soho Grand during the holidays. I love the recycling of corks and the unexpected gilt. In order to recreate my own, I need to start popping a lot of champagne bottles. Good thing I believe 2012 will be a year of many celebrations!

And for those who have more gold than they could ever want, why not digest it? Because that is totally logical.
White Stilton Gold Cheese - Clawson

"Daddy, I want a golden goose now!"

I suppose the most golden item you can possess is a trove of healthy family and friends. Treasure them, for they are worth their weight in gold.

No comments :

Post a Comment