Saturday, April 4, 2015

Cadbury Mini Egg Krispies Treats

I'm not sure what chocolate, eggs, pastels, and bunnies have to do with the Easter holiday, but I'm not asking questions. I'm just eating these:
Cadbury Easter Candy Coated Mini Eggs, 10 Ounce Bag

Probably one too many eggs. Luckily they are mini.

I had some fixings for rice krispies treats in the cupboard and decided to mix some of my favorite things all together. Really, what could go wrong with this trio?

It's one of those ridiculously simple desserts. 
Begin by making the Original Rice Krispies Treats Recipe up until combining the krispies into the marshmallow.
Take about 4-5 servings (I used 160g) of the mini eggs and break them into small pieces. This part got a little messy for me. I put them in a ziploc bag and then mashed them, but I ended up with a lot of crumbs and powder. I guess I don't know my own strength! If you have a good way to create little bits without obliterating the candy, please comment below.

Once the cereal-marshmallow mixture has cooled slightly, mix in the crushed eggs.

Press into a pan, depending on your desired shape and thickness. I dotted each serving with one whole mini egg.

Cute, right?

 So there is a sweet treat for the holiday (or anytime, really).

And speaking of a year-round sweetie:



1 comment :