Friday, April 18, 2014

Splish Splash

We all know what must happen in April to bring those May flowers, but I don't mind, really. I like the rain. Especially warm summer rain. Of course, reports have surfaced that this summer will be particularly monsoon-like for the city, so one must be prepared with gear. It also helps to add a bit of splash to your splish gear.

I love my Chooka skimmers for stepping the dog out or a quick errand down the block.
Chooka Women's Duck Skimmer Flat

And I've been eyeing something more substantial for the days that you have to battle the monstrous corner puddles.



My only problem is I can't make up my mind. When I'm presented with options of polka dots, stripes, floral, high gloss, cheeky print, and bows all at once, my brain produces too many endorphins to be able to make a clear decision.

Not surprisingly, part of me wants to go rainbow.
Evercreatures - Rainbow Wellington Boots

Wondering what to do with those adorable old rain boots that have a hole or two in them?

Of course, the boots you purchase may be dependent on your rain jacket. Target has some cute patterns this season.

Or maybe you want to go with a childhood classic:

With a matching one for your furry friend, of course.

If you don't, your friend might end up not being your friend.

Mostly, I find that in NYC, an umbrella does you practically no good. Especially those $3 cheapies you buy off the street vendors that magically appear during every city downpour. But, one can try.

I always manage to go for whimsy over practicality.

This brand is sturdy and bright. You won't be finding any inside-out versions tossed into the corner trash can.

Yet, I may be partial to this one:

When you get home, make sure to dry out and warm up with a cup of tea. Preferably with a smiling manatee helping you out.

I've yet to get my hands on it, but I've heard nothing but raves about this brioche tea. Supposedly it is like drinking up a French patisserie. Yum.

I love the outdoor scent after a good rain soaking. This perfume reminds me of a clean start.

So don't let the rain stop you from going, doing, and being. After all - 

No comments :

Post a Comment