Friday, September 6, 2013

On a Roll

You'll have to excuse me, I'm still on a high from attending the Yankees-Red Soxs game last night. I'm going to need to brag a little. I mean, look at these (free) seats!

What a thrill! It may be one of the best times I've ever had at a sporting event...ever. 

By the way, just in case you are looking to meet your daily caloric intake in one sitting, order the cheese fries...

Sitting in beautiful Yankee Stadium reminded me of sitting in the even more (yeah, I said it) beautiful Target Field (let's go, Twinkies!), which then got me thinking about lobster rolls because...well, because...let's be honest - when am I not thinking about lobster rolls?

No, the truth is that within a short jaunt from Target Field, you can order yourself one of the best lobster rolls I've ever had. I introduce you to The Smack Shack:

I know what you are assuming: "How can Minnesota have a delicious, fresh lobster roll? Isn't it in the very middle of the continent where lobsters do not live?" True...I don't know either, but my tastebuds don't lie. And I've been to Maine. I don't care if they catch them from the Minnesota River under the Cedar Avenue Bridge, I'm eating whatever it is they put down in front of me on that red checkered tablecloth.
The heavily buttered, griddled milk bread, the perfect ratio of tarragon and mayo, added crunch with some fresh cucumber, and so, so, so much lobster. Luke's Lobster, move over. You are now #2.

Make sure you pair it with a pint of some local brew. Perhaps a Summit or 612.

Or, you can meander down a couple of blocks to the Fulton Brewery. There are $4 pints and tours. And board games!

Since I'm all about tangents in the post, and I spy a bike in the above pic, I'll make note that you can easily jump on one of the city's bike paths and make pit stops at the above venues. That way you can have MORE beer and lobster since you will be burning off the calories on the trek home.

I found Calhoun Bike Rental to be convenient.

and my bike had a name!
See Jane Ride. Ride, Jane, Ride!

Baseball, lobster, bike rides, beer.
Life is good!

No comments :

Post a Comment