Saturday, September 1, 2012

She Wore White

I have this thing for sweet white dresses. It must be some never-had-a-first-communion-or-quinceañera-complex. Although there is this:
Believe it or not, in a matching pic I'm holding a cat.

White clothing is probably the most impractical apparel choice for a long day in New York City (at least for a subway riding peon like myself), but I can't help myself. White dresses say leisure, innocence, joy and are just so...effortless. Well, until you spill your steamed vegetable dumplings' dipping sauce down the front of your white dress in the middle of the work day. Then there is a tad amount of effort.

This summer there is a plethora of white frocks to spill soy sauce on. I want them all.
Reina Dress - Trina Turk

Berdine Eyelet Dress - Tory Burch

Daybreaker Dress - Madewell

Linnia Tie-Front Shirtdress - Diane von Furstenberg

Oh, and I say PSHAW to the archaic no white after Labor Day rule. In fact, come winter, I would pair any of these dresses with opaque black tights, black booties or mary janes, and a cardi/blazer option.

No comments :

Post a Comment