Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ooey Gooey Goodness

I've never succeeding in making a perfectly delectable chocolate cake-they tend to end up dry or so chocolaty that you can only handle a bite or two (I know, I can't believe I'm saying that a cake could be too chocolaty). But that's one thing I would like to add to my skill set. I had the ideal specimen last night to finish off a fine BBQ meal at Blue Smoke in NYC. The accompanying ice cold glass of milk was much appreciated.

If anyone has a chocolate cake recipe they feel would be a contender, please pass it on!

1 comment :

  1. Well, as the old saying goes (sort of)..."If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!" There is definitely a skill to baking the perfect choc cake that is neither too dry nor too chocolate-y. As you say, some would argue that there is no such thing as a cake that is too chocolate-y. When Emily's older brother was a kid he used to ask for a "Cowboy Bill" cake which was one with choc cake and choc icing. When I was a kid and went for ice cream with my father he would have a "round chocolate shake" which was choc. ice cream with choc. syrup. Seems like the idea of anything being made with double choc. has to have a special name!

    ReplyDelete