Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tip Toe through the Tulips

So much fun seeing the Spring flowers begin to bloom. Our first culprits are crocus. Daffodils and tulips will soon follow with lilacs really claiming that Spring has sprung.

I saw the most beautiful bouquet of bright red tulips on an episode of Brothers & Sisters and am completely inspired to have a vase of my own (Sally Field, you are cool in so many ways).

They were so vibrant and fresh. The color reminded me of a favorite red nail polish - OPI Dutch Tulips. Red with a hint of orange, a hint of pink.

...which reminded me I have never been to the Netherlands:
 Bike & Barge Holiday

Hmmm....

4 comments :

  1. I have a hard time separating reality from a television family when I watch Brothers and Sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Our first culprits are crocus" brings to mind that old tune: "...I'm as busy as a spider spinning daydreams, I'm as giddy as a baby on a swing. I haven't seen a crocus or a rosebud Or a robin on the wing. But I feel so gay, In a melancholy way,
    That it might as well be spring, It might as well be spring." (Not a bad choice for someone's 16-bar audition number). It can also be applied to our reluctant spring which is very grudgingly springing this week but intends to take a step back on the weekend as yet another cold front passes through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tulips are so yummy I want to EAT them!

    ReplyDelete