Monday, March 29, 2010

Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head

Another rainy day in New York.

Another cheap, broken umbrella in the trash.
Time for a change.

Literally.
The white splatters on this brellie turn colorful once rained upon. Your own little magic trick.

Related Story of Shame: In the early 90s, "Hypercolor" t-shirts were all the rage (well, for all of 3 months). I purchased a hot pink one to wear to my middle school orientation. I was that cool.

The shirts, which were mostly some garish neon color would change hues based on temperature. Therefore, if someone patted your back, a large hand print would appear in a contrasting shade on your t-shirt. We thought this was totally rad. After all, it was the beginning of the 90s-we had nothing else to worry about. Along with prankish hand prints, certain areas would turn colors showcasing the pre-teen hormonal changes and perspiration. Like I said, totally rad.

I think this memory is causing my face to hypercolor.

1 comment :

  1. I have to admit that I've never heard of these shirts! Maybe they were not a big hit in Florida. Now if you want to talk about parachute pants, that's a topic with which we are very familiar as one member of our family had to have a pair and they were the hottest things going...hot in the sense of sweat-producing as you can imagine if you've been in FL in the spring and summer. Ah well, comfort has always been sacrificed for couture.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...