Saturday, August 18, 2012

On My Mind

Three things that I'm all about today:

#1. Remember THIS heart sweater?

Totally adorable and totally sold out now in many locations.

Thank goodness for knock-offs! Old Navy provides two color combos of a similar style:

 And quite honestly, Old Navy's boatneck version is much more flattering for girls with "girls" than the J.Crew crew neck.

#2. Sometimes you just need to be told what to do. It helps if that order comes in a brightly, pocket-sized journal. Enter Action Notebooks:
Random Acts Notebooks - Anthropologie

These notebooks have a spectrum of color waiting to be filled with creative inspiration. If the creativity isn't flowing, turn to a random page and do as you're told.

#3. The soon-to-be Mrs. Baker Chick has whipped up yet another sweet treat for me to ooh and ahh over:
Blueberry Ice Cream - recipe & photo via The Baker Chick

This blueberry ice cream reminds me of something that would come from the land of My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, or Sweet Secrets. Pretty, pretty purply! My seven year old self is high pitch squealing with delight. I'm planning to make some during an upcoming trip to Minnesota. Downside: Apparently, there is only an old fashioned crank ice cream machine at Dunberry Lane, but my Mom swears it tastes better that way. I'll get back to you on that one...

No comments :

Post a Comment