Thursday, August 17, 2017

State Fair Season

It's the final countdown, folks. 

To what, you may ask?

(GASP)

Well, then I'm going to wager you are not a Minnesotan.

Let me give you a few LuRuSo clues:

Got it now?

It's Minnesota State Fair Time!

That's right, in the Great North we have five seasons: Fall, Winter, Spring, State Fair, and Summer. It's a Minnesota "thing" - hard to explain. Kind of like Duck, Duck, Grey Duck and hotdish. We take it very seriously. There are even numerous guides, maps, ratings, and write-ups.
Minnesota State Fair 2017: The best music, food, beer & more

I'm not super psyched about any of the new food creations this year. What do you think?
New Foods for 2017

Luckily, I can save those calories and apply them to beer - lots of beer: The Growler’s Complete Guide to Beer at the 2017 Minnesota State Fair. There are so many brews that I am interested in tasting this season, most notably 612's Lingonberry Lager. It's the Swedish meatball in me.

In 2013 and 2014 I broke down my visit from A to Z. The subsequent year all of my fine fair pics were trapped on a failing iPhone, so I had to rely on THIS article to sum up a day at the State Fair. Last year, I also captured my time at the Fairgrounds, but I became distracted when I noticed the phenomenon otherwise known as Sweet Martha's. Can I be honest for a second? Truth be told (and you may want to sit down for this) - I've never had Sweet Martha's Cookies. Not one bite! Not a single chocolate chip! And I wasn't about to wait in the massive line to change that fact in 2016.

But...I was quite a few beers in (see above note about the hundreds of available brews), and in my tipsy state, I grew fascinated with how fairgoers clutched, cradled, and guarded their baked goods.
I mean:

























See what I mean? Sweet Martha, you enabler, you!

Let me know what you are most looking forward to at this year's Minnesota State Fair. And I need your opinion:
Is it necessary for me to dip my hand into the Sweet Martha's Cookie Jar this year?







No comments :

Post a Comment