Friday, November 5, 2010

*$

 Now that I live near a Starbucks, Bryndal and I enjoy our morning walk to grab a cup of sugared caffeine (for me, not him). 

I'm not even a huge Starbucks fan, but I do become quite enamored this time of year when they break out the red cups.
 Starbucks (there is no need to provide a link, you all have one within a .001 mile radius of where you are currently standing)

I don't know what it is about the red and white design, but it makes me want to buy it and whatever is contained in it. Especially if the contents end up including gingerbread, pumpkin, toffee, or eggnog along with the expected coffee.

One day a couple of years back, I even realized that I was dressed as one.
circa 2008

After placing my order this morning, the extremely cheerful and alert (she must have knocked back a few of her own products before work) cashier looked me directly in the eye and stated,
"That'll be $5.39."

Ouch. Guess I'll put that fiver back in my pocket and reach for the credit card...


No comments :

Post a Comment