Thursday, February 6, 2014

Nutella Nut

Yesterday was World Nutella Day and ever since I saw that mentioned, I can't get my mind out of the Nutella gutter.

I was well aware of this delectable treat waaaaaaay back in the 80s. My mom worked in an international department and after spying it in Europe, was able to source a jar every once in a while in some specialty shop. Honestly, it isn't quite as fun now that you can find it at any big box supermarket. 

The latest commercials do crack me up as they tout Nutella as a healthy breakfast choice with its "simple, quality ingredients likes hazelnuts, skim milk, and a hint of cocoa". Yep. Almost the equivalent of a chia seed and kale shake in the morning.

I chose not to attempt any of these recipes this go round, mainly because my dad is visiting and...please, don't judge, he really is a good person, but...he doesn't like Nutella. At all. I know. If our baby pictures weren't spitting images of each other, I'd wonder. But you should make a batch of your favorite selection below. Isn't that what you are supposed to do the day after World Nutella Day?

Nutella Cookies - The Zoe Report
                                                  photo: @THEZOEREPORT

Crunchy Nutella Ice Cream - Dash and Bella
                                       photo: www.dashandbella.blogspot.com
 -

Dark Chocolate and Nutella Puppy Chow - The Kitchn
                                                                                   photo: Leela Cyd Ross

Nutella and Pretzel Brownies - Bakingdom
                                                       photo: www.bakingdom.com

S'mores with Nutella - Simply Delicious
                            photo: www.simply-delicious.co.za

Of course, you could skip all of the above and choose to devour some Nutella in the most popular form...directly out of the jar with a big spoon into your mouth.

No recipe needed.

No comments :

Post a Comment