Tuesday, February 11, 2014

What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?

Ah, that age-old question. It's OK if you haven't figured it out yet. If you need some ideas, check out the answers given below by New York City students. 

Nursery
Malia: A teacher
Alexander: A scientist
Alexa: A princess
Rosalee: A superhero
Kaitlin: A doctor
Julia: A teacher
Milly: A teacher
Dylan: A smoothie maker
Pia: A ballerina
Victor: A train driver
Ella: A doctor
Ria: A teacher
Eliza: A doctor for animals
Alexandra: A construction worker
Elizabeth: Santa
Molly: A doctor
Sophia: A doctor
Ava: A teacher
Kristin: A doctor
Cameryn: A pirate
Ingrid: A mommy
Maggie: A fairy

Pre-K
Nicky: I want to be a magician because I want to disappear.
Salvatore: I want to be a superhero because I want to fly.
Zoe: I want to be a singer when I grow up.
Charlotte: I want to be a painter.
Kate: I want to be a dancer when I grow up.
Katie: I want to give pets to everyone.
Elena: I want to be a ballerina and a princess, but a princess more.
Alexia: I want to be an artist.
Michael: I would like to take care of animals.
Skye: I would like to be a ballet dancer.
Piper: I would like to be a vet and take care of animals.
Danica: I want to surf!
Charlotte: I want to be a doctor that takes care of doggies.
Athena: I would like to be a volleyball coach.
Moni: I want to be a rock star and work in a hair salon.
Lucas: I would like to be a dinosaur because I love dinosaurs.
Blair: I would like to be a veterinarian.
Avery: I want to be a hairdresser and a manicurist. I also want to be a babysitter.
Nehcopee: I want to ride a horse.
Julia: I want to be a rock star because I like to sing songs.
Chloe: I would like to be a mommy when I grow up because I like taking care of kids.
Marianna: I want to be a ballerina.
Cassidy: I would like to be a face painter.
Eliana: I would like to knit clothes for everyone, including poor people.
Ava: I would like to ride horses when I grow up.
Lily: I would like to be a face painter and a mommy.
Abigail: I want to train horses.
Cyra: I would like to be a rock star, a teacher, and a mommy.

I mean, someone's gotta be Santa. Right?

I don't recall what I used to say as a tike that I wanted to be, but I do remember telling my parents over and over again that I was going to build/live in a 52 story building and that they could live on the 52nd floor. The offer still stands, M&P!

What did you want to be "when you grew up"? Did it happen?


No comments :

Post a Comment