Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Everything You Could Want

I knew I was officially a grown up when instead of wanting a sad, plain bagel for breakfast, I craved an everything bagel. To be fair, I don't really remember these being an option in my childhood - perhaps the great North of the 80s and 90s wasn't ready for quite so much decadence and flavor - but I doubt my young, boring tastebuds would have gone for it, anyway.

A crispy crust/chewy inside, heavily seasoned everything bagel was my go-to most mornings while living in New York. Accompanied by the New York Times crossword puzzle and black coffee, I was completely nourished and satisfied for the day. 

Since moving to Minneapolis, it's not quite as easy to grab my favorite hole-y carb on a whim, but I will give shout-outs to decent comparisons at Rise Bagel Co. and St. Paul Bagelry. I can't say that I'm transported to the streets of NYC, but I do get my fix.

In the past year, Trader Joe's made the world a better place with this product:

Yup. Now almost everything can have a hint of everything bagel. Honestly, at first I limited my goods to sprinkling over plain cream cheese in order to magically turn my plain bagel into its fancier cousin. But then, bottle by bottle, I began to experiment: avocado toast...roasted or steamed veggies...hummus...deviled eggs...any eggs...potatoes...popcorn...salads...pastas...the name really says it all, folks.

Here are killer recipes that I've spotted that I definitely want to attempt to everything-ize.
That Bloody Mary alone! Ah!



In my Googling, I also went googly-eyed for this everything take on a grilled cheese:

There are other spice brands that have jumped on the everything bandwagon if you aren't near a Trader Joe's, or you could easily mix up your own blend:

Everything's popularity is showing up in other forms, too - I've noticed many new products on the shelf that are Everything Seasoned _______. Everyone wants to be everything, I guess. One that I've tested and can vouch for are these savory, salty rice crackers:

And that's not even...(you guessed it)...everything.

So go forth, my friends, and partake in everything your heart desires! Just be sure to have some floss and breath mints handy.





No comments :

Post a Comment