Friday, September 1, 2017

Friday Feels - Volume V

Another week filled with extremes.

I had a fulfilling (especially in regards to my stomach!) day at the Minnesota State Fair. Lots of highlights, but I have to say that the Giant Egg Roll On-A-Stick lived up to fair food expectations, wasn't that expensive, and probably could have fed a family of four.

For those that are too hard on themselves (which is everyone, no?):

Speaking of E.T. - it may be one of my most favorite movies ever. Have you seen this clip of Henry Thomas's audition? Spoiler alert: He got the job.

At times, I feel like this is my life (on a good day):

The recent Whitney Houston documentary was heartbreaking. Such pure and powerful talent bursting then fading like the true star she was.

It reminded me of other films documenting the rise and fall of musical geniuses, like AMY (Amy Winehouse) and Little Girl Blue (Janis Joplin). Why does it seem to be fate that those who shine so brightly end up being destroyed?

And of course, Houston.
photo: REUTERS/Richard Carson

I've been seeing a lot of lists of ways to help Hurricane Harvey victims financially. If you are able, please consider aiding one of the organizations listed HERE.

“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”
- Maya Angelou




No comments :

Post a Comment