Thursday, September 14, 2017

Shower Shelfie - Fall 2017

I'm always being asked, "Lucy, what products are in your shower? I must know your secrets to getting fresh and clean each day!"

Just kidding, no one asks me that.

Well...two people inquired about such things and I aim to please, so here is what lurks behind my shower curtain. Enjoy, (you two individuals).

Welcome - come on into my shower! But no funny business, people. This blog is rated PG.

I continue to have this bizarre phenomenon where my shower product packaging is only green, white, orange, or black. I swear, it's not done on purpose. I must have some sort of subconscious color coordinating thinking when it comes to achieving cleanliness.


Nature's Gate Revitalizing Shampoo Jojoba + Sacred Lotus - Smells heavenly. Gentle and leaves my usually frizzy hair smooth & full. Plus Jojoba is fun to say. Jojoba!!
*LUSH Big Shampoo - I have a special place for this overpriced tub of salt. Take a small size of the mixture and apply it to very damp hair to work properly. It will give major volume and really clarify any built up gunk on the scalp.
Yes to® Naturals Calming Scalp Relief Conditioner - The packaging is troublesome as you have to work hard to get the conditioner out, but the goods is light enough to be used daily and does give my scalp relief during the change of seasons.
*Amika Intense Conditioning and Repair Nourishing Mask - Another product that I would purchase for the scent alone. But it also gives a non greasy result when you want a more intense conditioning treatment.





*LUSH Ro's Argan Body Conditioner - I wish this wasn't so spendy because it is a very unique concept. You apply the conditioner to your body at the end of your routine and rinse off. Your skin is left smooth and soft, with the most perfect whiff of sweet rose lingering for hours.

LUSH Ocean Salt - Also spendy (what are you doing to me, LUSH?), but very effective. This lime and salty fine exfoliator makes you feel like you spent the afternoon in the sun, sand, and surf with a margarita. This can be used on the face or body, but I find it best for less sensitive areas.

Trader Joe's Moisturizing Cream Shave Honey Mango - A cost-effective and simple cream that gets the job done and I like shaving with something that doesn't smell like Raspberry Dreamland.

Ole Henriksen Pore-Balance Facial Sauna Scrub - This facial scrub will throw you for a loop as it warms and cools during a massage. It really is like a mini spa treatment, right in the comfort of your own shower.

Raw Sugar Macha Green Tea, Lemongrass & Ginger Body Scrub - I'm in love with the packaging and the scent, but the scrub does leave a certain thin film behind that I'm not fond of. I'm up for trying other products in the line.

Kiehl's Ulta Facial Cleanser - I've been cycling through various facial cleansers. A little goes a long way with this Kiehl's version, but those that tend to dry out might want to opt for something more moisturizing.
*L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil - After a few trial-sized bottles, I splurged for the real deal. The oil foams as you activate it and can be used as a shaving product or just a luxurious finishing step. The almond scent is so yummy and it leaves your skin fully moisturized without feeling too sticky or slippery.


*Korres Basil Lemon Shower Gel - Not too sweet, not too cologne-like, and a great texture to lather up and wash away.
Malin + Goetz Body Wash, Sage - I like having this woodsy & herbal body wash for days that I'm not feeling my usual almond or citrus.
Plant Mini Body Wash, Get Happy - Funny story: I bought this because of the peppy packaging and name and didn't look much further. When it arrived I was shocked to see it was the size for a smurf and would maybe wash my elbow or my ear, but not both. But, it still makes me happy, so I guess the marketing worked!
*Yes to® Shower Cocktail Hydrating Body Wash - The cocktail shaker-shaped bottle matches the fruity, tropical gel wash inside. The Yes to...brand always proves a quality purchase for a reasonable price. And I just might shake this like a bartender before use...
LUSH Happy Hippy Shower Gel - Zesty, grapefruit gel that will leave you squeaky clean.
AHAVA Mineral Botanic Cream Wash, Hibiscus & Fig - Rich and velvety, this locks in the hydration.

I want to be that person who has a streamlined curated arsenal of shower products, but try as I may, I end up with a menagerie of bottles and potions to mix and match each day. What about you? Do you have a limited number of old standbys or do you fill your tub with the latest releases or hotel samples that you smuggled home after vacation? Or are you one of those magical unicorns that uses one multipurpose soap for all things cleansing?


*potential holy grail product that I would definitely recomment and plan on purchasing again





No comments :

Post a Comment