Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Bee's Knees

I was stung by a bee once - running around barefoot in my front yard as a youngin', playing with the neighborhood kids. I must have stepped on it. !$#@#@)C0fk,f!~?*az#@!! It hurt. A lot.
But I still like bees. A lot.

And I like what they make.
Best Artisanal American Honeys - Food & Wine

Bees can be royal and golden.
Brass Honeybee Necklace - J.Topolski

Or pastoral and sweet.
Gimme an A-piary Dress - ModCloth

I love the perfect touch of honey in this cornbread recipe.
Honey Cornbread Muffins - Food Network/The Neelys

This has been on my "to make" list for awhile. I can imagine it enhancing just about any treat.
Salty Honey Ice Cream - A Cozy Kitchen

LUSH has always touted the benefits of honey. I love this moisturizing soap.

Hunt around LUSH's site (or store). They have lots of honey-based products.
Honey Farm - LUSH

Honey is the new "buzz" ingredient in beauty this year.
There are especially a lot of honey infused masks.


I also enjoy the idea of whipping up a homemade connection. So does my wallet.

4 1/2 teaspoons 365 Everyday Value® Organic Raw Wildflower Honey
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, lemon juice or lavender 100% essential oil (optional)

In a clean ceramic or glass bowl, combine honey with vinegar, juice or oil (if using). Using clean fingers, massage honey or the mixture over your whole face (avoiding the eyes). Allow to dry and become slightly tacky, and then pat and tap to get blood flowing to the surface of the skin. Remove with warm water.

While the mask is setting, watch this:
Vanishing of the Bees

After watching the above, you may need a drink. How about some mead?
Mead Kits & Tools - Midwest Supplies

Although I imagine most mead to be chugged from some sort of pewter mug-like vessel, these Don't Worry, Bee Happy glasses could also do the trick.

This blend of bitters could be just as interesting and delicious in a non-alcoholic concoction.
Dram Honey Chamomile Bitters

A sunny scent led by pear, orange blossom, and of course, honeysuckle. Plus, the bottle is playful enough to make you smile while spritzing.
Marc Jacobs Honey Eau de Parfum Spray - Ulta

Bee costume for the B? Talk about getting stung.

Are you honeybee-ed out yet?

It's a sticky situation I don't mind being stuck in.

No comments :

Post a Comment