Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday Feels - Volume IV

Oooh boy! It's been QUITE a week, has it not? 
Marshmallow = LuRuSo

I think we all know what I am talking about. (insert big SIGH) One of the reasons I backed away from this blog for a spell is I worried about posting unnecessary frivolity while such serious unrest existed in the world. I didn't feel right ignoring the issues, yet I wasn't prepared emotionally to write about them. I still don't. But since it is a Friday Feels, I guess I can admit that I continue to be concerned, dismayed, and anxious about what is happening in our country and I am grasping at the idea of hope. Thank goodness for both the activists and the comedians out there, who give me fuel and a laugh.

Tina Fey is a national treasure. I'll buy the sheetcake if you bring the grilled cheese?

I think this could really work. Sorry, Florida.

This quote felt like a punch in the stomach. So true.

Might need to order a few of these tanks and walk around town passing them out.

But even with such distressful events and an unending political chaos, the world goes round, and the sun rises and sets. And sometimes the moon gets in the way and you have a solar eclipse.
An annular solar eclipse on May 21, 2012, Tokyo, Japan. Photo: Masashi Hara/Getty Images

Some fun solar eclipse facts HERE

More questions answered HERE

What it will look like from your time & location HERE

Fingers crossed for a clear day on Monday!

Do you ever go down the YouTube rabbit hole? You start off innocently watching one clip and then realize there are thousands of more clips on your topic and before you can realize it you've clicked through them all and have a mastery of the subject? I find myself in this position at least once a week. The latest one was instigated by talking about a historic Willie Mays catch.

Being a kid growing up in Minnesota during the 80s/90s, I do believe they had one egregious omission ("He...*caught* it!)

The past few weeks I've been upping my protein with shakes a few times a day. The Ninja has been my best friend. So easy to use and a breeze to clean up. And believe me, I'm super lazy and would usually not make the effort to take out and put away an extra piece of equipment. I especially like this set because it takes care of your blender, food processing, and smoothie needs all in one bundle.

After my stretch of clean & healthy eating, I'll definitely be primed to enjoy an adult beverage or two this weekend. I'm thinking perhaps a cider? It seems appropriate as we transition from summer to autumn.
Sociable Cider Werks

Another seasonal segue winner has been this eyeshadow palette. It has the rose gold and shimmer for these last August days, as well as siennas and wine-tones to be used as the September leaves start to fall.
Limited-edition Don't Quit Your Day Dream Eyeshadow Palette - tarte

I used it for my self date to see a show at the Guthrie the other night. I am in love with wandering around my new(ish) neighborhood. This might not be the case come winter, but for now, I spend hours exploring new sights and hidden streets. I couldn't believe I never ran across this "urban castle" a few blocks away from my home. Funny to think of how it sat amongst endless parking lots and the Metrodome before its more vibrant and blossoming current surroundings. I am completely obsessed with the rumor that it will soon be turned into a brewery. Downtown Minneapolis is killing it!



That's all the feels for this Friday. OK, I'm lying, I could go on and on this week, but let's leave it with this thought that I heard Senator Cory Booker say on a podcast:
Don't let hate make you hateful. Don't let the darkness make you dark.


No comments :

Post a Comment