Friday, January 10, 2014

Happy Sylvia Plath Day to Me!

My birthday is always tricky. I struggle wanting to celebrate "my" day and end up pushing through emotions that aren't all balloons and sprinkles and presents.

BUT...

there is a solution.

How about celebrate the alternative - a random National 'holiday' assigned to the same day as when you said howdy to the world?

I'm not sure if these are all accurate, but no one is asking questions:

Mine is Sylvia Plath Day.
…I do not want much of a present, anyway, this year.
After all I am alive only by accident.
I would have killed myself gladly that time any possible way…
from A Birthday Present, Sylvia Plath, 1962
Wait - why did I get the depressing one? Damn Scorpios...
So what falls on your birthday? Will you incorporate it into your festivities? Am I invited?

No comments :

Post a Comment