Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Put A Cork In It

If you are anything like me, you enjoy sharing a decent bottle of wine, beer, or bubbly with family and friends. Or just yourself if it has been a really rough day.

If you are even more like me, you feel oh-so-guilty tossing the cork in the trash. So here is something I like to do instead.

Jot down the date, occasion, or any remembrance that went along with the imbibing. Toss it in a vase or glass vessel. 

Just to clarify: "Twilight" marks a Twilight Picnic in the Park, not the movie Twilight. I don't want any of you to get the wrong idea...


Once you're filled to the brim with corkage, head over to Pinterest for a myriad of crafty cork project ideas. I'm partial to the wreaths.

If you don't want to get out the glue gun, head down to your local Whole Foods, where they accept corks for recycling. You can also look at other participating recyclers in the Cork ReHarvest program.

No comments :

Post a Comment